Sunday, March 25, 2012

FinishYear Week 12

Week 12 of FinishYear is over! I can't believe we're 3 months in! So, it's that time again!
Here’s my list of goals, and the progress (or lack thereof!) that I made:
-Finish Master's Degree: I finished my thesis defense on Friday and it was accepted!!! This means that I passed and I got my Master's degree!! Just a few hours of work on revisions and getting the final paper printed, then I'll be done with this one!

-Finish Health Psych Cert: This week was the eleventh week of class. Four more weeks to go. We talked more about our papers for the class and I plan to use next week to do some preliminary writing.
-Finish a letter to Karabo: Completed this monthly goal last week.
-Finish a storage/classification system for clients' photographs: I put $5 in my "External Hard Drive" envelope this week. I now have a little under $70 saved. I also had a photo shoot this evening and may use part of the money from that to complete my savings for this goal so that the hard drive can be ordered next week or so. I have many photo shoots coming up, so I really need to free up some space on my computer!


I'm also going to be adding a new goal. I picked up a chronological Bible this week because I had always been fascinated with them, and I found one on sale at Lifeway. I didn't realize that it is also a yearly Bible, broken down into readings by day so that you can read the entire Bible in a year. I've tried to do this before on several occasions with mixed success. However, this particular Bible has a little box at the bottom of each entry so you can check off that you completed that day's readings. Is't as if the author KNEW that I am a task completer! Sooooooo, new goal is to finish reading the Bible by the end of 2012. Yes, that means I have some catching up to do, but it's OK, I think I can do it! This goal will go in place of my previous goal of filling up my Scripture cards. I realized that I had not structured that goal well for myself, which was inhibiting my progress. Additionally, the goal of writing them down in that format was not meaningful to me, and if it's not meaningful, then why finish when I can finish something that is? Like reading the whole Bible!
So that's Week 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment