Sunday, February 19, 2012

Finish Year Week 7

Today marks the end of Week 7 of FinishYear! FinishYear is a term I'm using from Jon Acuff, a Christian blogger whom I follow regularly because he is both wise and hilarious! He suggested that we all challenge ourselves to make 2012 a year of finishing things, as opposed to starting new resolutions because let's face it, dreams are great and all, but unfinished dreams accomplish nothing. FINISHING changes your life, if not the world!

So, we're seven weeks in, and here's how I'm doing on the goals I designated for FinishYear

-Finish Master's Degree: I submitted three more drafts this week, each with just a few more small edits than the previous draft. I just finished draft #7 and I believe it is ready to go to my committee! I started dialogue with my professors this week and I will likely defend this thing on either March 15  or March 22. Just waiting on one more professors to chime in with her availability before we nail down a date, this sucker gets emailed out, and I start to panic! Feel good and terrified about this one!


-Finish Health Psych Cert: This week was the sixth week of class. Nine more to go. Earned a 30/30 on last week's discussion forum and narrowed down a topic idea for my Prevention Plan Overview paper due April 26. I plan to review and evaluate a currently implemented plan on preventing household injuries in the special needs population. Feel good about this one!

-Finish Scripture Index Cards: I feel OK about this one. I feel great about the fact that I spent more time in Scripture this week than in previous weeks. I did not, however, write down any verses in my book because 1) they didn't pop out at me, or 2) much of the time spent reading was away from home, and I did not have my cards with me. With Pop Pop in the hospital this week, I was there a lot, and much reading was done from my pocket Bible in his hospital room. That's OK, the cards can travel with me if need be!

-Finish a letter to Karabo: I emailed Karabo this week! It's so neat that World Vision offer this option, because all of the customs laws at the post office confuse me, and there are lots of rules about names and ID numbers in specific spots on the envelopes that make me nervous I'm going to mess up and he won't get his letter. I got a birthday card for him in the mail from World Vision yesterday, it seems so early to be thinking about his 3rd birthday, which is in early April, but Lesotho is far away!

-Finish a storage/classification system for clients' photographs: This week, I put $10 in my external hard drive envelope. I now have $25 saved toward this purchase, so I'm about 25% of the way there, if I want to get a 500MB drive. I think that will be enough. 1 TB is just HUGE and since I don't keep client's photos more than 1 year, I don't think I'll need that much space. Feeling on track for this one!

In the end, it was a pretty good week for FinishYear, despite craziness at work and the unexpected stress of Pop Pop's stroke putting him in the hospital for most of the week.

How's it going for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment