Sunday, February 26, 2012

Finish Year Week 8

Finish Year Week 8

Today marks the end of Week 78of FinishYear! FinishYear is a term I'm using from Jon Acuff, a Christian blogger whom I follow regularly because he is both wise and hilarious! He suggested that we all challenge ourselves to make 2012 a year of finishing things, as opposed to starting new resolutions because let's face it, dreams are great and all, but unfinished dreams accomplish nothing. FINISHING changes your life, if not the world!

So, we're eight weeks in, and here's how I'm doing on the goals I designated for FinishYear.

-Finish Master's Degree: Drafts have been finished and a date for my defense has been set! I'll defend my thesis (and potentially finish this thing) on Friday, March 23rd at 10am. Let the panic commence...

-Finish Health Psych Cert: This week was the seventh week of class. Eight more to go. It was difficult to go to class this week because Pop Pop is back in the hospital with a larger brain bleed, so I was tempted to use my one allowed "skip" this week. But, next week is an online discussion forum, so I needed to go to class to get instructions on that. I completed the first part of the discussion forum already for this week, and I hope to use some time this week to select a prevention program to evaluate for my semester paper. Really need to start that this week...

-Finish Scripture Index Cards: I feel OK about this one. I feel great about the fact that I spent more time in Scripture this week than in previous weeks. I did not, however, write down any verses in my book because 1) they didn't pop out at me, or 2) much of the time spent reading was away from home, and I did not have my cards with me. With Pop Pop in the hospital this week, I was there a lot, and much reading was done from my pocket Bible in his hospital room. That's OK, the cards can travel with me if need be!

-Finish a letter to Karabo: I got a birthday card for Karabo! Plan this week is to mail it, and hopefully it'll get to him by early April, but Lesotho is so far away that sometimes it takes months for mail to get to him.

-Finish a storage/classification system for clients' photographs: This week, I put another $10 in my hard drive envelope!

In the end, it was an OK week for FinishYear, despite craziness at work and the unexpected stress of Pop Pop's stroke putting him in the hospital for most of the week.

How's it going for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment