Sunday, February 5, 2012

FinishYear Week #5

Finish Year is a term I copied from Jon Acuff, a Christian blogger who I follow regularly because he is both wise and hilarious! He suggested that we all challenge ourselves to make 2012 a year of finishing things, as opposed to starting new resolutions because let's face it, dreams are great and all, but unfinished dreams accomplish nothing. FINISHING changes your life, if not the world!

So, some friends and I sat down and made our Finish Lists for 2012 and I will share mine. In 2012, I will:
-FINISH my Master's Degree
-FINISH my Clinical Health Psychology Certification
-FINISH a book of index cards that I purchased two years ago for the purpose of filling it with Scripture verses that were meaningful to me. I started, and it's time I finish. But, in order to fill it with Scripture, guess what I have to read? That's right. Scripture. Double bonus on this one!
-FINISH at least one letter to my sponsored child, Karabo in Lesotho, each month.
-FINISH plans for a classification/storage system for my clients' photographs.

Today marks the end of Week 5, so it's time for an update! Here's how I did on each of my goals:

-Finish Master's Degree: Last night, I turned in draft #3 and I think it's really good! I know that it still needs some work, but I believe it will be mostly formatting. I learned how to make APA style tables this week and also attached all my tables, figures, and measures to the end of the document.




-Finish Health Psych Cert: This week was the fourth week of class. Eleven more to go. I learned I received a 25/25 on my presentation from last week. This coming week we won't be meeting in person but we'll do an online discussion forum.

-Finish Scripture Index Cards: I added one verse this week. Better than last week but I can do better.

-Finish a letter to Karabo: This is a monthly goal, which I plan to complete this week.

-Finish a storage/classification system for clients' photographs: This week, I saved  only a few dollars toward my external hard drive, but again, it's FinishYEAR, not finish month, so I have quite some time to save this money. I'm going on a missions trip to Jamaica in July, so most of the money I would have saved for external hard drive got allocated to a fundraising envelope for that trip. 

In the end, it was a so-so week for FinishYear. Most of my work went toward my Master's Degree goal, and I feel REALLY good about that one.

How's it going for everyone else? Anything going particularly well or needing more attention for you guys? 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment