Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finish Year Week 6

Today marks the end of Week 6 of FinishYear! FinishYear is a term I'm using from Jon Acuff, a Christian blogger who I follow regularly because he is both wise and hilarious! He suggested that we all challenge ourselves to make 2012 a year of finishing things, as opposed to starting new resolutions because let's face it, dreams are great and all, but unfinished dreams accomplish nothing. FINISHING changes your life, if not the world!

So, six weeks in, here's how I'm doing on the goals I designated for FinishYear

-Finish Master's Degree: I got draft #3 back this week and I got the green light to schedule my oral defense! Paper is all formatted except for one table that needs special formatting. Awaiting instruction on that matter, then emails will go out to schedule defense! Whoa!


-Finish Health Psych Cert: This week was the fifth week of class. Ten more to go. Completed an online discussion forum and I think I did well.

-Finish Scripture Index Cards: I added two Scripture passages this week.

-Finish a letter to Karabo: I planned to write to Karabo this past week, but I dropped the ball on this one, because I was focusing on my thesis and Health Psych Cert goals. Glad this is a monthly goal, it definitely needs to happen this week. Or tonight, as soon as I post this.

-Finish a storage/classification system for clients' photographs: This week, I was not able to put any money in the envelope for the external hard drive, but I did research some options at Best Buy and Amazon.com. 

In the end, it was an alright week for FinishYear. Most of my work went toward my Master's Degree goal, and I feel excellent and very excited about that one. Once it's finished, I might add some goals to FinishYear.

How's it going for everyone else? Anything going particularly well or needing more attention for you guys?  

No comments:

Post a Comment